Sunday, November 29, 2009

Glad it's done...

No, not Thanksgiving.  It wasn't too bad with just our family. It was a very relaxing day!  And for that matter this whole little break has been very relaxing. 
The big girl left Friday to go out of town with a friend's family so it has been quieter than usual.
The little one and I have done quite a bit of Christmas shopping and we got all of the Christmas decorations up.

Last year, we went to Dallas for Christmas so I didn't put up much, just one little tree...  This year I am having a Christmas party for our dept. so I needed to decorate.
I realized after getting it all done that it looks like a Christmas store in here!  In our old house, we had a big  formal area.  Here, all of our living spaces are right together....
Here are a few of my favorites...


\\
snowman tree in my bedroom



Notice the very nice natavity?  Resting on a scrap of burlap... looks a bit like hay don't you think?
Mike gave the pieces of the natavity but I haven't broken down and bought the creche... it costs much  more than the actual stable that Jesus was birthed in...
Notice the dog in the back ground wearing her Christmas PJ's?  Well, it took two very brave girls to get them on her and she may have to wear them forever since she turns very mean when you try to remove them..





Dining room, still need to clean off the table from the remains of the decorations...


Do you see these sweet little kissing children?  We tried to get a sweet kissing picture every year.  The last few years it hasn't been as easy.  How come they don't stay that little???
 
So, we're at the end of the weekend.  It has been great except for today,
at the last possible minute, I am finishing sewing the Choir Dresses I was signed up for... I usually don't wait till the last min. on things, but this job is different.  I have to make 7 (or 14 if no other mom wants to help) and they are easy, easy to sew, but they are a red crushed velvet and they shed and make me sneeze!  One more to go, unless she didn't find anyone to do the others and tells me at the very last minute.  We'll see...
How was your weekend?

No comments: