Sunday, April 11, 2010

I need a few more hours of weekend

Well, this weekend flew by!
We had a good friend and her daughter ride with us and that made the drive sooooo much better!

Our first stop in the middle of no where was sporting this fancy sign on the bathroom door.

We started Friday night with dinner with family...


Uncle Ted really looks like he is up to something here...


Then there was the 'hokie pokie'



We were up very early Sat. to get the girls to the competition.  They went to classes and Jennifer and I did a little shopping and lunch. 


There was a lot of dancing going on





We found a couple of patches of blue bonnets on the way back. 
 Really, we saw two. 
We got to choose between the patch with the cactus all in them or the patch next to a very very small house where everyone was out in the yard watching us... I believe they were offering us a drink as we left, right about the time their friend rode up on a horse.
That's when we realized might have already crossed the line back into West Texas...

We met a very nice highway patrolman.  Really, he was so nice.  The first thing he told me was that he was just going to give me a warning... so, I liked him right off the bat.
He had us a little scared when he returned, gave my drivers lisc. back and then asked me to roll down the back windows so he could look inside. 

He then looked at the three girls in the back and asked if we were indeed their mothers...

They looked a little confused and we had to encourage them to tell the nice man that yes, we were  their mothers...

I asked him if he wanted one of them but he declined...

He went on to explain a lot of statistics on how Texas recoved drugs, weapons,....and about there he lost me for a minute while I wondered if he thought we had our children hiding some drugs we were smuggling back from the Dallas area... I started listening again in time to hear him say 'but in Texas last year we had ____(can't remember the number for worrying about the drugs and such) missing children and we didn't recover one'....'we were taught to recover the drugs and such but not how to recover children...'

So, I really was impressed with the nice officer.  He was trying to do a good job...

But I had to wonder if all kids he asks were as convincing as ours...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Loved your post! Those girls are too precious!
Also, I've started reading Jen's posts and she is hilarious, right?!
Hope y'all have a wonderful week!