Saturday, April 17, 2010

Torture, maybe. But at least I'll be high tech

I entered the world of the iphone this week.  It is very exciting.  I'm loving it way more than I expected.  I may already have a little addiction to one of the games....

The funny part of this is that I am SO not high tech.  Katie just thinks it's so funny to watch me try to answer her phone that she was sure I couldn't handle the i phone.  After I got it Thursday night, she and I sat and played with it while waiting on the little sister at dance... She asked me at some point if I thought I was "high tech now" I assured her I was very very high tech now.  I don't think she believed me...

The next day while playing with all the things on the i phone I clicked on the "notes" section.  Katie had at some point left me a note... "Mom, you are very high tech.  Love K" 

It made me laugh.  But not as hard as the note I found today...Katie's best friend had gotten my phone and left me a note...."Cara, you are very high tech, compared to hobo's..."
 She redeemed herself by adding that I was "her favorite of all friends parents in the history of parents"...

I'm glad they are beginning to see how high tech I am, compared to a hobo.



After being gone all last weekend I really needed this weekend at home to get things done.  And you know if that's what I plan it doesn't happen...

The girls needed to go do a little shopping today. 

Kellie ripped two pair of jeans this week.  Right before the end of school.... she has also suddenly outgrown her ballet and tap shoes.  With a month left of dance.  And you know if I buy new one's she'll outgrow them by the fall...she's going to end up with a big 'step-sister' foot I'm afraid...

And since today was taken up with shopping, groceries, etc. it's only typical that now Mike wants to take the boat out and take the girls fishing tomorrow after church.  

I know I should be glad for the family time and such but today it was cloudy and 45.  I'm thinking even if it does make it to the 60's tomorrow it's still going to be cold on that lake.  And I can't get the laundry done from the lake...

He went and bought the girls pink fishing rods and reels tonight.  I'm sure we were short on fishing equpiment!
His theory is that they will be more interested if they have the girly kind.  I'm thinking it isn't giong to make much difference.

 I think, speaking from experience that when a fish doesn't jump onto their pretty pink fishing pole with in the first few minutes and they have eaten all the snacks and the water is too cold to get into, that they are going to be torture.
Then that will make dad a grumpy fisherman.

Oh, and both girls are bringing a friend.

And he wants to take the two dogs. 

Sounds like the making of a great, wet dog smelling good time to me....

feel free to pray for me...

No comments: