Sunday, February 6, 2011

I was really excited about my sugar till you showed me the c*ndoms

Friday evening I picked Jennifer up from the airport....she finally made it to the Dallas airport and a few hours later actually made it onto a plane and arrived in Lubbock.

It was obvious pretty quickly that she had been iced in, alone, in her apartment for a little two long...she was ready for some people...luckily we are the people she picked...

We stopped by our favorite place for fondue and wine and spent a couple of hours catching up and enjoying a lot of the previously mentioned goodies...

We stopped in the drug store for a couple of needed things...to my happiness, Jennifer found a clearance section that had bags of sugar, brown sugar, and graham cracker pie shells on sale super cheap!  So, as I am checking out with my random items, she motions to the cute young man behind her and says "I dare you to ask him what he is buying"...
Well, I knew the direction this had to be going... I glance back to see his large box of Advil and his large box of condoms and then really almost couldn't finish the whole credit card thing because I was trying so hard not to laugh...   Thanks Jennifer... I really didn't need to know what the man was buying...

So, walking out, dying laughing I said "I was really excited about my sugar till you showed me the condoms"....that's when Jennifer offered up the "I'll give you a dollar to make that a blog post title..."  That will be a dollar, thank you...

We went and braved the cold to try to get a few pictures of Jennifer with Katie this time...
Look how excited Katie was...

She's so sweet we almost can't stand it...

She loves our kisses lately...are all 14 year olds like this???

but can look pretty when not being tortured with kisses...


We went and watched the geese and ducks try to walk on the ice..they were very excited about the cheese puffs we fed them...


As we left to go to church this morning we were having the biggest snow flakes I have ever seen!


these two seemed content to stay inside....

We came home and have hung out in PJ's the rest of the day...
It has been perfect...



Some good snacks

French onion soup

napping during the football game

A perfect weekend!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I do think this should win some contest for best post title! I couldn't wait to read the post:)

Darla said...

ok, so i went to see what yummy waffle recipe you had posted and i ended up smiling and laughing at your story about the sugar :D