Friday, February 4, 2011

Winter, we're having one!

I love winter.  Love the snow.  Love a snow day better than anyone...

I really do think that my being born in Alaska must have set the tone for my love of winter...

The whole time we lived in Dallas (forever) there were only a handful of snow days...

We moved to Lubbock where everyone said "oh, you'll love it cause you'll have a lot of snow..."

Now, we had a good amount of snow last winter but before that, nada...

So, this week we have had a bit of snow, enough to make the ground pretty...

But Dallas, they are having a major snow event... like it's Canada or something...

No school for days... more snow again today when Jennifer is trying to fly out here...
And even if her flight should take off from the winter tundra that is Dallas Love Field Airport, I'm not sure that she will have a ride to the airport... My sister is pretty sure there is no way she can drive her there...

We had a little more snow overnight, but we still have school to go to and if you listen to the weather man here, we better all stock up on face moisturizer because this cold is hard on faces...

I am a little sad to see the high predicted in the 40's next week... I'm loving the winter...

But I am low on moisturizer...

No comments: