Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm attracted to shiny things

Every ring I ever remember having has been the same size.  Forever.  Until this year...
As I was loosing weight I noticed my wedding rings getting loose but never dreamed I would really need to get them sized (since I had worn this size since I was about 12) but recently when I was doing laundry and slung my rings into the dryer I realized I was going to have to break down and take them in...

I took them in, they said they would call when they were done and 6 weeks later, after I called them a couple of times, I finally got them back...

I looked at the rings they handed me and couldn't believe that they looked brand new!


I missed you rings! 

I had worn them every day, all the time, never took them off for almost 16 years...6 weeks later I am glad to have them back...
Mike's ring does not look brand new... maybe I should get it polished... of course, I had to look for his ring to use to stand mine up in and I don't think he would notice if it was polished...

I showed him my rings and realized he had no idea they had been gone...

I explained that this was my anniversary present a few weeks early and then reminded him I would like another anniversary band for our 20th anniversary...of course that's just a dream since we'll have a kid in college by then...(excuse me, I think that is going to make me throw up a little)

But the real question is, who's hands are those?  When did I get my mother's hands and where can I take them to make them look like new???

No comments: