Friday, July 8, 2011

A few projects

The last week has been busy but I'm not sure what with... it feels like we always have something...You know if I'm off I have a big list of things I want to do or work on, I didn't get much checked off but it's a start...

  • I did make time to work on a baby gift (copied my sweet neighbor's idea)  for a friends shower this weekend....
  • I'm also smocked a sweet baby gown to go with it...

  • I started sanding and painting my dining furniture...
  • yesterday I had a crafty day with the work girl friends and we made our new calenders for the year...

Kim had her house all fixed up for us, it was like being at the scrapbook store... there were tables with all the fancy equipment laying out, even trash cans by our chairs... It was great!

I brought lunch but the hit was the dessert...


Peach Blueberry pie in mason jars.

Here is the finished calendar for the next school year...


and this isn't really much of an accomplishment but it sure makes me happy (copied from Pintrest)


Peach Blueberry pies in Mason Jars

1 bag frozen peaches
1 pint fresh blueberries
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp Almond extract
1 pie crust dough

Tear off small pieces of dough and press into jar to cover bottom and about 3/4 up the side of the jars.
Place peaches in skillet, add brown sugar and almond extract and simmer approx. 10 min. stirring freq. till sauce thickens.  Stir in blueberries.
Spoon into jars with crust in them.  Place jars on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for approx15- 20 min. till crusts brown and filling bubbly. 
Optional - roll out dough and cut circles to fit in jar.  Bake on cookie sheet till brown.  Top pie in jar with them after removing from oven.
Serve warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream.




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so very jealous of your cute as can be planner that I am not quite ready to talk about it.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love your planner and those pies are to die for. You've been keeping yourself very busy this summer. I hope you've also been having fun. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary