Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sorry about your pants but could you bring us a t shirt?

Mike left today for a business trip...
He makes me help him pack cause he swears he doesn't know how to fold anything...I wasn't happy to help this time because I am a little mad about him going without us...
He insisted I iron a new pair of pants he bought...(he also says he doesn't know how to iron) so you know I was thrilled to drop what I was doing and iron something that didn't need ironing...
They were dress slacks instead of the usual khaki pants and as I put the iron to them I wondered if I should be doing that and what temp would be best...
as I'm thinking this I was touching them with the iron and watching them melt...
I won't tell you what I said...
Then he needed a ride to the airport at 4:30 this morning...
and the main reason I'm angry about this trip is that his meeting is at Disney World. 
Who plans a business trip at Disney when families aren't invited???
Let me assure you I'm not nearly as mad about this as Kellie...
At 4:30 this morning she comes out wearing PJ's, socks and slippers and carrying an overnight bag and told him she was ready to go with him...

To add to all the fun I've been having, tonight Katie's pom squad is spending the night here... 13 of them...
Of course I used that excuse to bake a couple of things for them...

I made the usual(cause they make a huge batch) Dish Pan Cookies and I also tried Better than Crack Brownies... a recipe I had saved and been meaning to try... They are good... Very sweet... surely teenage girls will approve...

Better than Crack Brownies  (adapted from Howsweeteats)

1 batch brownies (box mix)

1 cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal

Mix brownies according to directions, and bake for about 20 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Remove and top with chopped peanut butter cups, and bake for additional 5 minutes.

While they are baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal. Remove brownies from oven and spread chocolate mixture over top.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting and serving.

No comments: