Monday, July 25, 2011

Good neighbors...

I have talked before about how much I love my neighbors...
He is cute and sweet and does the chemicals on our yard...
She is beautiful and fun and has a family that has a garden...
I couldn't have chosen better neighbors...
And now she is having a baby for me to hold!
We went out and did some pictures of her last week...


Yesterday they shared some garden goodies with me...


I made my favorite pickles with the fresh cucumbers to share with my friends that are coming on Wed...
Three of my best friends are coming for a couple of days of just girl fun...I can hardly wait! 

Refrigerator Pickles

7 Cups Sliced, Unpeeled Cucumbers

1 cup Sliced Onion
1 cup Cider or White Vinegar (2 cups if you are using several small jars)
2 cups Sugar
1 Tablespoon Celery Seed
1 Tablespoon Salt

Slice cucumbers very thin, pack large jar or several small jars with sliced cucumbers and onions.  Heat vinegar in microwave about 1 min. just to warm so sugar will dissolve.  Add in sugar, celery seed and salt.  Pour over cucumbers and try to let sit at least 24 hrs

No comments: