Monday, June 4, 2012

family, fun, and a little crazy thrown in...

So, Jennifer came to town with her old car that we have bought for Katie. 
She had it washed, detailed and looking brand new for Katie.  She even called me half way to tell me was stopping at (the world's worst) Sonic half way but was going to eat outside so she didn't make a mess. 
I had a bottle of my favorite new wine cold and dinner hot when she finally arrived...

Do you see that tiny serving of salad on that plate?  It is fresh lettuce.  From the basket of fresh produce a lady brings me on Fridays.  It makes me happy.


Now, I'm the only one eating all unusual things in the basket and can't wait for it be summer vegetables...  She includes a recipe for the unusual items like the day lilies... imagine my family if I served them some sauteed flowers!  Those just looked pretty instead....


We have enjoyed nights on the patio and a lot of catching up! 

We did have to do some shopping the first night she arrived since she didn't remember her luggage.  She was a little irritable about that at first but quickly saw it as the reason to do a little shopping. 
 I tried to tell her we have every girl product known to man and I could wash her one outfit but she felt like she might need underwear and such....
Why is it that when you go to Target you see a ton of things you want UNTIL you need something and then, the selection is not so great... it took a couple of stores to get her all fixed up....

Katie is excited about learning to drive in her new car instead of the suburban...

Here she is leaving with her dad as we were leaving to go somewhere.  I got a text shortly after that said "please don't make me drive with him again.  He yells at me and played tunes older than me"

Jennifer and I have spent a couple of days scouring thrift stores looking for short brown boots for Kellie, better known as "child number 5" in the Lubbock Moonlight Musial Pinocchio...
We stumbled upon a couple of really cool vintage shops and today I drug out a few items to take there to try to sell...

turn your head and you'll see that Jennifer told me I looked like I was running away to hop a train...
If you see me at the depot with my suitcase that is as tall as me and  my hat box don't be jealous. 

No comments: