Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer

I love summer days with no plans. 
This is why I work in a school and not in the blood and guts nursing I still miss.  A little. 
Days with no plans. 
Days with not much accomplished.
Don't tell Mike.  I've assured him I am very busy everyday.
I have had some very productive days.  Today just wasn't one of them.

Speaking of Mike...
Last night, I told Mike and the girls I was going to the gym.  I went.  I walked.  I came home.  Later, Mike came in and asked me if I wanted to go to the gym with him... I explained I had just gotten home.  He never knew I was gone.  I wish I could be that clueless to what is going on around here. 

Next week I'm going to church camp as a counselor for Middle school girls. 
Go ahead and start praying for me now please.
and my middle schooler isn't getting to go because of her summer acting gigs...
So, I am just hoping Mike remembers he has her here and where he dropped her off last...
It should be interesting.

Today I had two of my favorite girl friends over for lunch.

It was wonderful girl time.


One of the things I made today is a favorite of mine from the Dove's Nest Restaurant outside of Dallas...

Cheddar Almond Bacon Spread

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
12 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup mayo
dashes of Tabasco

Mix all ingredients.  Serve as a spread on sandwiches or as a dip. 



No comments: